The Pentax PF-65ED II Scope Body is designed for high-precision outdoor viewing. It has been improved over its predecessor by further minimizing color aberrations, resulting in truer colors.
These scopes use 1.25" diameter eyepieces, which allow less compacting of the light shaft produced by the objective lens and thus a larger image with superior depth perception. This is a great feature, for in addition to the brilliant offerings from Pentax themselves it also means you can use the best of astronomy eyepieces from elite telescope manufacturers such as Meade, Celestron and of course the venerable Tele Vues. The PF-65ED II has a focal length of 390mm, so if you're using conventional 1.25" eyepieces you divide 390mm by the focal length of your eyepiece to determine the effective magnification. Pentax ED scopes function brilliantly in many conditions of light and climate, and are remarkably light thanks to their metallic alloy housing.
Pentax's scopes are available in either a straight viewing or angled viewing depending upon your needs. This is a personal preference which, cannot easily be defined for you until firsthand experience, but the conventional thinking is that the scopes with straight viewing are simpler for locating your subject.
- Porro prism design with Pentax's trademark Super MultiCoated optics
- JIS Class 6 waterproof & fogproof construction
- American standard 1.25" (31.7mm) thread diameter allows use of many telescope eyepieces
- Rotating tripod collar with detented click stops
- Retractable lenshood
- Accepts 67mm filters
- Pentax "Worry Free" Warranty
- Pentax will repair or replace this spotting scope to the original purchaser (even if damaged by fault) for a charge of $19.95. This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage, theft or loss. Replacement may be with comparable model at Pentax's discretion if the original model is no longer available.