Quantum Leap SD2 - The Next Generation from EastWest is a virtual instrument, featuring 12GB of various acoustic percussion instruments, ranging from ethnic drums to found-sound percussion. Included are over one-hundred film score oriented MIDI performances, which allow for changing tempo, tuning individual instruments, altering the performances, all without audio degradation.
This collection is a follow up to the hugely successful Stormdrum, featuring over twice the content and with a built-in dedicated playback engine, the PLAY Advanced Sample Engine, which provides an easy searchable browser and the ability for users to customize the sounds. All the sounds were recorded using vintage Neumann microphone in EastWest's Studio 1.
Quantum Leap SD2 - The Next Generation functions as follows:
- Stand-alone under ASIO, Core Audio or DirectSound
- Plug-in for applications supporting RTAS, VST and Audio Units for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST and RTAS for Windows XP
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plug-ins) and standalone versions included
Note! Requires Pace iLok key (not included) if one is not already on the system.
- Virtual instrument featuring acoustic percussion instruments along with MIDI performances created with Roland V-Drums and Zendrum percussion controllers
- Total of 12GB of 24-bit/44.1kHz samples
- Instruments include the struck sound of an eighty foot metal bridge, Tibetan, Indian and Chinese bells and gongs, Indonesian hand drums, a huge custom floor tom built especially for this collection and many different ethnic and found drum sound
- Rather than providing loops, the collection includes numerous MIDI performances that provide the ultimate in flexibility
- Over 100 film score oriented MIDI performances, each with dozens of variations, intros and endings
- Up to twenty-four velocity multi-samples available per percussion instrument
- Instrument plays back via the PLAY Advanced Sample Engine, a dedicated audio engine/interface providing a powerful streaming engine
- All instruments listed in a single browser for easy navigation
- Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels. Mono from left, mono from right, or mono sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono