The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX, by Jason P. Odell, is a comprehensive tutorial that will help you get the most out of Nikon's Capture NX software.
Whether you are an advanced photographer or just getting started with digital, "The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX" will lower your learning curve so you can start making great images right away. You don't have to be a professional photographer to have professional quality images!
"The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX" is more than just a reworked version of the Capture NX user manual. Instead, it is a step-by-step image processing tutorial that will show you how and when to use each of Capture NX's tools. Each tool is explained in context, using real-world examples of image processing. Included on the CD-ROM are all the example Nikon NEF files used in the book, so you can work alongside each example at your own pace. Also included are a suite of Capture NX settings presets for portraits, landscapes, nature photographs, and sharpening settings for all Nikon DSLRs.
"The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX" also comes bundled with "The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX: Supplement One", an additional 22-page guide with more Capture NX tips and tricks, including batch processing, how to create a "polarizer" effect, and tips to improve application performance on your computer.
This guide is a bookmarked, indexed PDF file, and users can print a copy for personal use.
- How to set up your Nikon DSLR for a raw work flow
- Global and local adjustments to light and color
- Sharpening and Noise Reduction techniques
- When to use Mode I, II or III color
- How to fix white balance like a pro
- How to recreate the look of Velvia film
- Highlight recovery
- How to use color control points
- Can't-miss settings for beautiful landscapes
- Sure-fire settings for portraits
- Black and White conversions
- Removing dust spots
- Correcting Fish eye Images
- How to save multiple versions of your image in a single NEF file
- Incorporating Capture NX into your work flow