The Photoflex StarFlash 650W/s Dual Umbrella Kit with Case provides enough power for many shooting situations. From portraiture to an intricate still-life requiring a small f/stop, the StarFlash series delivers. This kit includes 2- StarFlash 650 heads, 2- 45" silver umbrellas (1.5 m), stands, reflectors and a kit case with interior compartments. The monolight can be used with a reflector, umbrella, or optional softboxes. The included Tilt Swivel Mount is secure and allows for a tilt range of 170°. The Tilt Swivel can be repositioned on the StarFlash to compensate for weight imbalance when using larger soft boxes.
The StarFlash can be fired with the included mono-to-PC sync cord, or via its optical slave, from another flash but a better alternative is the included FlashFire Wireless Remote System which allows you to trigger your StarFlash at distances up to 164' The beauty of the system is that it doesn't depend on "line-of-sight" communication between the transmitter and receiver. That means that you can trigger the flash through obstructions like walls, doors etc. Forget about that tangle of dangerous PC cords and potential damage to toppling equipment.
Both the FlashFire Wireless Trigger and the FlashFire Wireless Receiver operate on the 2.4 GHz bandwidth. 16 selectable channels virtually eliminate interference or overlap with other photographers on the scene. And neither are energy vampires. The transmitter runs on an easily-sourced CR2 (not included) with a battery life of approximately 20,000 flashes and has a handy hot shoe for shoe mount flashes. The receiver runs on 2 AAA batteries (not included) with a standby time of up to 45 hours (50 m).
- Soft, Crisp, Even Light
- Each 45" silver umbrella provides even, widespread light with slightly specular highlights -- ideal for portraits, or room interiors.
- Recycles Quickly
- Each monolight recharges in 3 - 4 seconds. Audible and visible light full-charge indicators inform you of when it is ready to fire again.
- Five Stop Power Range
- Variable power from full to 1/8
- FlashFire Wireless Remote System
- The Photoflex FlashFire Wireless Kit is a radio remote system which allows you to trigger your flash or studio strobe at distances up to 164' (50 m).
- Built-In Slave
- Built-in optical slave "sees" the light from other flashes and fires automatically.
- Extruded aluminum housing with durable rubber paint finish
- Light Stands
- The Medium Weight LSB-2214 stands are strong yet portable, with all-metal construction, and extend over 8' (2.4 m).