The Mamiya ZD Digital Back utilizes a 22 mega-pixel Dalsa CCD image capture sensor that is nearly 6 x 4.5cm in size, and captures exceptionally sharp images with rich smooth tones thanks to the 14-bit A/D (Analog to Digital) converter, and Mamiya's exclusive ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit). Furthermore, The ZD digital back provides full camera and back communications via its MSC (Mamiya Serial Communication) data transfer. This system ensures that all important data such as storage space, battery status, exposure data, capture status and much more is communicated and displayed in the viewfinder and main data display when using it with the 645AFD II camera body.
With its CompactFlash (CF) and Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card storage options, built-in 1.8 inch LCD imaging preview screen , icon-based white balance settings, the ability to shoot at 1.2 frames per second, and PC Control when tethered via the FireWire (IEEE1394) interface, The Mamiya ZD digital back provides the prefect solution for studio and/or on-location shoots. In addition, the simple but powerful Digital Photo Studio software offers a complete image capture; processing and editing solution in both MAC and PC based computers. Furthermore, to make the experience of using the ZD Back, even easier, Mamiya will include Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Software - an impressive yet simple to use professional image editing program.
- 22 Megapixel CCD
- The 36mm x 48mm Dalsa CCD imaging sensor contains 21.8 million active pixels (total 4008h x 5344v), and the 14 bit A/D (Analog to Digital) conversion records color information at 12-bits per color channel, providing exceptional true-to-life color accuracy.
- Fast ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit)
- Data transfer from the Dalsa CCD sensor is processed in real- time with the exclusively designed Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). The advantage to the photographer is that image data captured from the sensor is optimized for fast performance, providing a frame capture rate of 1.2 fps.
- RAW & JPEG File Format
- Images are captured in Mamiya RAW format, JPEG or both RAW and JPEG. Three levels of image quality and three image size settings are easily selectable through the digital back's intuitive menus. Shooting Both Formats simultaneously provides some significant advantages. For optimum results you should save your shots in RAW format, which allows for maximum post-shooting manipulation. For high quality images that need to be placed into other programs, use JPEG mode. No special programs or "processing" is needed. However, when you need highest quality plus a file that can quickly be used for positioning only in layouts, or quick review, you can shoot both at the same time and process the RAW file later.
- Exclusive Interchangeable IR/Low Pass Filter System
- To suit a variety of photographic scenes, the standard IR (infrared) cut filter can be interchanged with the optional Low-Pass filter. The Low-Pass filter reduces or removes moire effect which makes unusual patterns when photographing clothing and also fixes aliasing. The ability to decide which filter to use guarantees the best possible results over a wide range of situations.
- Dual Storage Card Slots
- The Mamiya ZD Back provides card slots for both Compact Flash (CF) and Secure Digital (SD) Cards (both can be inserted at the same time) providing additional shooting flexibility. Approximately 100 images in Mamiya RAW format can be stored onto a 4GB CF card.
- Mamiya Digital Photo Studio Software
- Simple yet powerful Digital Photo Studio software provides the prefect blend of image capture, processing and editing for both MAC and Windows based computers. When connected to a computer via a 4-pin FireWire (IEEE1394) cable, many of the functions of the Mamiya ZD-22 digital back can be operated from a computer.
- Lightroom Software Included
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom software is a digital imaging solution for serious and professional photographers. Its ease of operation and ability to read Mamiya RAW digital files makes it the perfect choice for photographers looking for a modular, task-based and streamlined program that delivers a complete photographic workflow solution.
Note: If you currently own a Mamiya 645AF, Mamiya will upgrade your camera at no additional cost when you purchase a ZD digital back.