The Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod builds on the success of the 3011/3021 series. It features the Manfrotto-patented horizontal center column feature, which allows the center column to flip quickly and easily from vertical to horizontal. By extending the column to its highest vertical position, it can be swung over to horizontal without removing the head or disassembling the column itself. The ergonomics of the leg-angle release mechanism and the quick action leg locks have also been improved.
The 501HDV Pro Video Head features improved drag in both axes and switchable counterbalance for the latest ultralight high-definition camcorders. A sliding camera plate helps balance uneven payloads due to outboard batteries or matte boxes, dual rosettes permit left- or two-handed pan arm configurations, and the rear-mounted spirit level facilitates rapid setups.
- Center column can be quickly and easily swung from vertical to horizontal without any disassembly
- Horizontal column feature allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions
- 3-faceted center column which totally eliminates column rotation
- Redesigned more ergonomic flip locks, with only 45° of movement
- Leg warmers on 2 legs ease handling in extreme weather conditions, and help to protect the legs
- Four leg-angle settings (25, 46, 66 & 88°)
- Fixed counterbalance optimized for 5.5 lb (2.5 kg) payloads
- Special Teflon-coated discs (used instead of fluid cartridges) ensure smooth movement and consistent friction of the head
- Sliding camera plate for uneven camera/lens payloads
- Dual pan arm rosettes for left- or two-handed configurations