The MPK49 from Akai Professional is a 49-key, USB based performance controller, that also features twelve genuine MPC drum pads. The semi-weighted keyboard is velocity and pressure sensitive, as are the drum pads. Forty-eight pads are accessible in total via four pad-banks which feature the MPC Note Repeat function and Swing parameters.
The controller has its own arpeggiator, perfect for quickly creating creative riffs. The pads also maintain the MPC "Full Level" and "12 Levels" functions, and MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds.
The controller can be powered via the USB bus. MIDI I/O is also available and the unit can function in standalone mode when powered by an optional power supply. In all, the Akai MPK49 delivers seventy-six assignable controls, with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
- 49-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and full-sized keys
- 8 full-sized, 360° rotation pots, each with three banks for twenty-four pots total
- 12 genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 8 full-sized sliders with 3 controller banks for each for 24 sliders total
- MPC note repeat and arpeggiator
- 8 assignable backlit switches with three controller banks each for twenty-four switches total
- MMC/MIDI Start/Stop transport buttons
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Includes Ignite music creation software with over 275 instrument sounds from AIR Music Technology
- Includes ProTools 10 Express
- Vyzex software editor and librarian software included
- Include a voucher for $50 of Sonivox Virtual Instruments