Pairing manual focus precision with a versatile wide-angle perspective, the Distagon T* 35mm f/2 ZS Lens from Zeiss is an ideal all-around lens that is particularly well-suited to journalistic applications. Featuring a fast f/2 maximum aperture, this lens also excels in difficult lighting conditions and offers fine-tuned control over selective focus placement. Utilizing the Distagon optical design with a floating element system which includes one element made from anomalous partial dispersion glass, distortion and aberrations are minimized and high sharpness is afforded edge to edge. Additionally, a Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to elements in order to suppress lens flare and ghosting for maintained contrast and clarity.
The sophisticated optical design is housed within a robust metal lens barrel, which features an aperture control ring with 1/2 EV click-stops. The manual focusing ring offers a dampened 113° rotation angle for fine-tuned control, and engraved depth of field and distance scales benefit the use of pre-focusing techniques. This ZS-series lens is designed for M42 universal screw mount cameras or adapters and does not support any electronic communication between the lens and camera.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for M42 screw mount 35mm film cameras.
- This lens features the Distagon optical design with a floating element construction and includes one partial dispersion element to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion while offering increased sharpness and even illumination.
- Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- All-metal lens barrel features an aperture control ring with 1/2 EV click-stops.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by the inclusion of both distance and depth of field scales for precise control.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to an aesthetic out-of-focus quality.
- This ZS-series lens features a universal M42 screw mount design and does not support electronic communication between the camera and lens.