The Nikon AF-S Zoom Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF Lens is an extreme ultra-wide zoom, wide-aperture lens that delivers edge-to-corner sharpness that can surpass that of equivalent fixed focal-length lenses. It features a Nano Crystal coating to reduce the effects of ghost and flare, combined with 2 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses that help control chromatic aberrations. These all combine to enhance sharpness and contrast.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) feature provides swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. This G-type lens does not feature an aperture ring on the lens body, resulting in a lighter and more compact lens. Aperture changes are designed to be done via the camera's command dial.
AF-S feature is not supported by certain older camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models.
"G" type lenses are not fully compatible with the F4, N90-series, N70, N8008-series and N6006 (or older model) cameras, only programmed auto or shutter-priority auto exposure mode can be used.
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Rugged construction and professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.
- M/A Focus Mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between Auto and Manual focus operation.