The Nikon AF-S 500mm f/4G ED VR Lens (Black) is a premium ultrafast telephoto lens for the Nikon autofocus system. It is a very robust and durable lens. Its lightweight construction incorporates a magnesium die-cast barrel, and professional-grade dust and moisture sealing allows it to be used in more rugged situations.
This lens features the improved Vibration Reduction (VR II) system that allows handheld telephoto shooting, even in less-than-ideally lit conditions. The VR II system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed of about 4 stops faster. In addition, this lens also features the Tripod Detection mode, which reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release, when mounted on a tripod.
- Lightweight, convenient, super telephoto lens optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX- (23.9 x 36mm) and DX-format image sensors.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization--Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- New tripod detection mode reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat and a meniscus protective glass element combine to further reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements control chromatic aberrations while enhancing color, sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Rugged, reliable and lightweight, this lens features a magnesium die-cast barrel and professional-grade dust- and moisture-resistant construction.
- New A/M focus mode provides secure switching between auto and manual focus operation.