The AF-S 600mm f/4G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a high performance fast super telephoto prime lens for Nikon F mount cameras. It is compatible with both FX- and DX-format DSLRs and provides 900mm focal length equivalence on DX-format cameras. It is a robust and durable lens incorporating a magnesium die-cast barrel and professional-grade dust and moisture sealing allows it to be used in more rugged situations. It is extraordinarily long reaching and is effective for drawing in distant subjects and serves well those involved in sports and wildlife photography as well as other ultra-telephoto applications.
This lens features the improved Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization system that reduces the blur caused by camera shake, something particularly effective when shooting in dim light at such a long focal length. In addition, this lens also features the Tripod Detection mode, which reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release, when mounted on a tripod.
The internal focus system and Silent Wave Motor enable fast, precise and near-silent autofocus action and direct manual focus override provides immediate access to precise manual focus by simply rotating the focus ring. In addition, a focus limiter switch, focus lock and AF memory recall buttons offer more convenient control of focus placement. Three extra-low dispersion glass elements incorporated into the optical design correct chromatic aberrations and the use of Nano Crystal and Super Integrated lens coatings reduce flare and ghosting.
A built-in rotating tripod/monopod collar offers stability and filtering is provided with a 52mm drop-in style filter holder. A two-piece lens hood is included as is a large trunk-style carrying case.
- High-powered, super telephoto lens optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX- and DX-format image sensors.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization enables shooting at up to 2.5 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Tripod detection mode reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocus with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation.
- A focus limiter switch, focus lock and AF memory recall buttons enable faster and more accurate control of focus placement.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal and Super Integrated lens coatings combine to further reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements control chromatic aberrations while enhancing color, sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
- This lens features a magnesium die-cast barrel and professional-grade, dust- and moisture-resistant construction.
- New A/M focus mode provides fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus operation.