Alien Skin Image Doctor 2 is a powerful Photoshop plug-in that uses unique software algorithms to save what would be the perfect photo from the trash bin while saving you hour upon hour of Photoshop work trying to fix it. Image Doctor renders seamless removals of unsightly blemishes and objects, and enables photo editors to de-clutter bad photographic compositions with just a few clicks of a mouse. Web designers, service bureaus, and hobbyists can restore and repurpose badly compressed JPEGs, including cell phone photos. Portrait photographers can use Image Doctor as digital makeup, removing pimples, moles, scars, and tattoos in one click, then soften skin areas where these blemishes were or fix oily patches of skin. Photo hobbyists and professionals can use Image Doctor to restore old photos by removing dust and scratches.
Image Doctor 2 offers a number of improvements to the original release. Chief among these improvements is Image Doctor 2's rendering speed and quality. It now offers more seamless integration of replacement pixels with the existing background so that the edges of repaired areas now more smoothly blend with the balance of the photo. The software also is improved in its ability to match the patterns of the existing background, and the JPEG Repair feature now offers higher quality fixes of JPEG compression. Furthermore Image Doctor 2's range of skin retouching capabilities has also been expanded. The software's Skin Softener and Blemish Concealer filters together offer a wider array of skin beautifying capabilities, including wrinkle softening and blemish removal. Furthermore, the user interface has been simplified and made easier to use.
The performance upgrades in Image Doctor 2 result from changes to the original rendering algorithms and to the program's multithreading capacity. Other new improvements in Image Doctor 2 include 16-bit support, native support for Macintosh Intel computers, multiprocessor support, and a variety of user interface changes.
- Restore Old Photos
- With Image Doctor, restoring that precious old shot is a breeze. Select a rip or scratch and Image Doctor heals it.
- Retouch New Photos
- Whether it's a mole, tattoo, scar or other blemish, Image Doctor makes photo retouching quick and easy. You can also soften skin with the click of your mouse.
- Remove Unwanted Objects
- Image Doctor's powerful Smart Fill feature removes large, unwanted objects from photos, such as trash items from foregrounds and undesirable guests from party photos. Smart Fill can automatically replace these areas with an intelligent sampling of the nearby background pattern or the user can specify the location of the background samples.
- Repair Low-quality JPEG Images
- Use Image Doctor's JPEG Repair to fix blocky areas and ragged edges in over-compressed JPEG images. Select an area for repair or use it on your entire photo.
- Easy To Use
- Image Doctor users include both professional and novice photographers, photo editors, service bureau professionals, graphic designers, and web designers. Anyone who needs to remove or replace unwanted photographic details will find Image Doctor indispensable.