The HE-2-XLR from Ebtech is a two-channel "Hum Eliminator" box, designed to eliminate 60Hz hum caused by ground loops. Almost all 60Hz AC hum is caused by ground loops that act like radio antennae (loop antennae). The Hum Eliminator completely eliminates this by breaking the ground loop, making it impossible for the signal lines to pick up the AC hum and noise in the first place.
Unbalanced lines are more susceptible to picking up electrical noise and RF interference than balanced lines - the longer the unbalanced cable, the greater the chance of a problem. Using the HE-2-XLR to connect two pieces of equipment is one of the most cost-effective ways to convert between unbalanced signals and true balanced signals. The unit features both 1/4" TRS phone and XLR inputs and outputs on both channels.
- Eliminates AC hum/60Hz buzz and noise quickly and easily
- Breaks ground loops safely, while leaving all signal grounds intact
- Automatically translates signal voltages to match differences in ground potentials, avoiding clipping
- Converts automatically back and forth between balanced and unbalanced lines at either end
- Completely passive design with audiophile quality components assures the best possible noise and distortion performance
- Includes XLR connectors in addition to the 1/4" TRS phone I/O