The MPD32 from Akai Professional is a velocity-sensitive pad controller for musicians and DJs, modeled after the extremely popular MPC series of drum samplers. Long coveted for the rhythm musicality inherent in the MPC series, the unit allows for expressive and intuitive programming of percussion and rhythm material, without the expense of having to buy a full blown sampler.
The controller includes 16 MPC-style velocity and pressure sensitive pads, 4 selectable pad banks for a total of 64 playable pads, 8 assignable faders and 8 assignable, 360° knobs for transmitting MIDI Control Change data. Three selectable control banks extend the number of available faders, buttons and knobs to 24 each. Also featured are transport controls for interfacing with DAW/sequencing applications.
A fully reprogrammable controller, the MPD32 is a malleable and multi-functional tool that fits perfectly within any production or performance environment.
- Rhythm controller with 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 4 selectable pad banks for a total of 64 pads
- 8 assignable faders for transmitting MIDI Control Change data
- 8 assignable, continuously variable rotary encoders
- 3 selectable control banks extend the number of available faders, buttons and knobs to 24 each
- 30 user-definable Presets for various DAW and software applications
- REW, FF, STOP, PLAY and REC buttons that transmit MMC (MIDI Machine Control) messages to DAW/sequencing applications
- MIDI synced note-repeat with MPC swing
- 2 assignable Foot Switch inputs and an assignable Foot Pedal controller input
- Backlit, easy to read LCD display
- MIDI and/or USB operation
- USB powered or via optional AC adaptor