Thermal Imaging Fundamentals, Infrared, IR Camera Series 1 - Thermography techniques are used to locate and identify suspect areas of including moisture, energy loss and electrical concerns.
Mr. Stevens a veteran thermographer shares his knowledge and experience with you throughout this video. In this introduction to thermal imaging, Todd will discuss basic infrared camera functions and procedures including proper use of the equipment. He also discusses the science behind the equipment and some of the practical uses.
This technology can be used in residential and commercial construction to detect building defects including moisture leaks or damage, heat loss, inadequate insulation and much more. This video shows the state of the art in infrared technology developed by FLIR. Todd Stevens one of the nation's foremost experts in home inspection training and an approved instructor on thermal imaging will walk you through some of the basic understanding of IR technology.
The instructor will discuss the history and science of IR and demonstrate the functions of the camera. In this video you will experience the use of thermography in the field on actual houses and locate building defects including moisture, leaks, heat loss and inadequate insulation. Mr. Stevens will also discuss false readings that can mislead the inexperienced inspector as well as some practical and hands on solutions to everyday use and care of the equipment.
You will learn
- The functions of a typical IR Camera
- About the science of thermography
- The role of Emissivity, Reflectivity and Transmissivity
- Sampling techniques for an infrared camera
- Understanding the thermal image
- Investigative procedures and limitations
- Utilizing an IR camera in the field
- Identifying moisture concerns
- Locating energy loss issues
- Using to identify electrical wiring concerns