For those who are looking for large aperture and light gathering capability, the answer may lie with the choice of the Celestron AstroMaster 130 EQ-MD newtonian reflector telescope. Its 5.1" diameter is considered excellent for light collection. When you are looking for faint sky objects such as clusters and nebulae, large aperture becomes relevant.
A 650mm f/5 aperture is considered really bright in optical terms, and offers a wide field of view. In order to take full advantage of the telescope's short focal length and wide field of view, the user may consider the purchase of a longer eyepiece than the standard 20mm for viewing galaxies.
The AstroMaster 130 EQ-MD features coated glass optics, and is capable of producing clear and bright images of the moon and the planets. This unit comes with the motorized Celestron CG-3 German equatorial mount to allow slow motion controls on both axes, a quick dovetail attachment, a Star Pointer finderscope, a set of two eyepieces, star chart software, and a rugged, pre-assembled tripod for your convenience.
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Permanently mounted StarPointer
- Erect image optics ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick release dovetail attachment
- Celestron CG-3 motorized German equatorial mount with setting circles to accurately locate celestial objects
- Motor drive enables tracking of celestial objects with ease
- Rugged, pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs provides a stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- The star chart software