The PMD580 from D&M Pro expands upon the legacy of professional audio recording set by the popular PMD560 and PMD570 solid-state recorders. Ideal for permanent installations, the PMD580 is a 1RU digital recorder that incorporates Ethernet networking to provide a full range of control features.
The recorder can record in MP3 or WAV formats at resolutions up to 24-bit/48kHz. Audio files are written onto readily-available CompactFlash memory cards. XLR and RCA connectors are provided for analog I/O, as well as AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O.
The PMD580 uses an internal Web GUI and operates as a website, making it easy to fully setup and control the unit from any PC or Mac computer within the network. No extra software is required, and recording sessions can be scheduled and downloaded directly to a computer.
- Sleek 1RU enclosure mounts in any standard equipment rack
- Records stereo MP3 or WAV files up to 24-bit/48kHz to CompactFlash memory cards
- Ethernet connectivity for network control
- Built-in GUI software provides control of the unit to any Mac or PC within the network
- XLR and RCA connectors for analog and digital I/O
- Automatic archiving allows you to upload any recorded files to any network location, without needing to physically bring the CompactFlash card. All scheduling and deletion of recordings can also be done via the software, rather than the unit's front panel
- RS-232 control port provides an additional remote control option