The Gitzo GT531 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs is a series 00 carbon fiber tripod for tabletop use, taking advantage of Gitzo's advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter and is as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
The GT531 is ideal for use with DSLRs with 75mm lenses (135mm lenses maximum), as well as compact cameras, MiniDV camcorders, and small spotting scopes. It can conveniently be used on top of tables, car bonnets, and walls, or when working at ground level.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- G-Lock Design
- The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Redesigned Upper Discs & Bolts
- This tripod features completely redesigned upper discs and bolts. The discs, which are composed of aluminum, feature a safe lock material that reduces vibrations and improves head locking. The improved high-grade stainless steel bolt design prevents it from dropping inside the column when adjusted, and makes controlling the tread length stress-free. The redesigned bolts are also corrosion and oxidation resistant.
- Ground-Level Set
- This feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disk is removed from the center column and inserted directly into the upper casting using the column hook. No tools required.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30% lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Fixed Leg Angle Deployment
- As a tabletop model, the GT-531 has a fixed 37° angle of leg opening.
- Rapid Column
- Rapid center column, with locking collar, for improved stability.