The Panasonic 14-50mm f/3.8-5.6 Leica D Vario-Elmar Aspherical MEGA O.I.S. Lens is an interchangeable standard-zoom lens, developed by Leica exclusively for digital SLR cameras, and follows the Four Thirds Standard. This means that the lens is also interchangeable with other manufacturers that use this format.
By incorporating the MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) feature and 2 aspherical and 2 ED elements, this lens makes it possible to capture clear, sharp images, edge to edge, even in macro shooting or low-lit situations. This provides users with a wide range of shooting flexibility.
- Aspherical & ED Lenses
- Two aspherical lens elements help the lens meet Leica's extremely high optical performance standards. They help capture images that are clear from corner to corner across the entire zoom range, with minimal distortion. Two ED (extra-low dispersion) lenses reduce chromatic aberration to an absolute minimum.
- Multi-coated lens elements reduce ghosting and flare to an absolute minimum, enabling the lens to deliver an optical performance that meets Leica's lofty standards.
- Minimum Focus Distance
- Its minimum focus distance of 11.4" (29cm), even at full zoom, provides a maximum magnification of 0.42x (35mm equivalent). This combines with Mega O.I.S. hand-shake correction to let you capture outstanding macro shots even at the telephoto end, without using a tripod.
- Circular Aperture
- 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics.
- Four Thirds Standard Lens Mount
- Use of the Four Thirds Standard means that this lens can also be used with other manufacturers that have adopted this digital camera standard.