The Sony UWP-V1 Wireless Lavalier Microphone System replaces its UWP-C series predecessor with enhancements that include a rugged, all-metal chassis and Mic/Line switchable input at the transmitter. PLL-synthesized tuning, space-diversity reception and all other professional wireless features that made the UWP-C series a popular choice, go into the enhanced UWP-V1 system.
The camera-mountable receiver features space-diversity technology which stabilizes reception and minimizes RF interference by selecting the strongest incoming signal. In addition the antennas swivel so that you can achieve even stronger reception. A stereo mini jack output with monitor volume control is featured and both stereo, mini and XLR cables are provided. An LCD display provides channel & frequency information, battery life, RF-input level, audio-output status and accumulated operating time. The receiver operates on 2 AA batteries for up to 8 hours and its compact design and included shoe-mount adapter allows easy mounting to most camcorders.
The improved body-pack transmitter features a microphone and line level input switch. This allows wireless transmission of microphone or line level signals. Like the receiver, the body-pack transmitter also features 188 selectable UHF frequencies and operates up to 8 hours on 2 AA size alkaline batteries. An omnidirectonal lavalier microphone is supplied with this system.
- Improved All Metal Construction
- The transmitter and receiver both feature metal construction for maximum durability on the road.
- Mic and Line Input Switch
- The transmitter features microphone and line level switching for transmitting microphones or line level signal sources.
- UHF Synthesized Frequencies
- Both transmitter and receiver provide 188 user selectable frequencies, providing plenty of options when interference is present.
- Space Diversity Receiver
- The receiver features a space diversity design which simply chooses the strongest signal between the dual incoming signals, then sends that signal to output.
- Selectable RF Output
- The transmitter allows selection between 5mW output power and 30mW output. 5mW is suitable for indoor, simultaneous multi-channel operation while 30mW is intended for outdoor, long-range use.
- Comprehensive Display
- Both transmitter and receiver feature a comprehensive LED display providing channel and frequency information, battery life, total usage time and more.
- Omnidirectional Lavalier
- A high-quality omnidirectional lavalier microphone provides the sonic quality needed to handle professional and non-professional applications.