The Sony UWP-V6 Wireless Plug-In ENG Microphone System replaces its UWP-C series predecessor with enhancements that include a rugged, all-metal chassis and Mic/Line switchable input at the transmitter. PLL-synthesized tuning, space-diversity reception and all other professional wireless features that made the UWP-C series a popular choice, go into the enhanced UWP-V6 system.
The camera-mountable receiver features space-diversity technology which stabilizes reception and minimizes RF interference by selecting the strongest incoming signal. In addition the antennas swivel so that you can achieve even stronger reception. A stereo mini-jack output with monitor volume control is featured and both stereo, mini and XLR cables are provided. An LCD display provides channel & frequency information, battery life, RF-input level, audio-output status and accumulated operating time. The receiver operates on 2-AA batteries for up to 8 hours and its compact design and included shoe-mount adapter allows easy mounting to most camcorders.
The improved plug-in and bodypack transmitters features a mic and line-level switch for standard wired microphones line-level sources. Selectable output power provides a choice between 5mW output, which is suitable for simultaneous multi-channel operation or 30mW output for long distance transmission. Like the receiver, the transmitters also feature 188 selectable UHF frequencies and operates for up to 8 hours on two-AA size alkaline batteries. The transmitter features a comprehensive LCD display.
- The UTX-P1 Plug-In Transmitter
- The UTX-P1 plug-in transmitter enables wireless operation of any standard, XLR terminated microphone.
- UTX-B2 Bodypack Transmitter
- The lightweight UTX-B2 bodypack features rugged construction, 188 selectable frequencies, line and microphone level input switch and an omnidirectional lavalier microphone.
- Improved All Metal Construction
- The transmitter and receiver both feature metal construction for maximum durability on the road.
- Mic and Line Input Switch
- The transmitters feature microphone and line level switching for transmitting microphones or line level signal sources.
- UHF Synthesized Frequencies
- Both transmitter and receiver provide 188 user selectable frequencies, providing plenty of options when interference is present.
- Space Diversity Receiver
- The receiver features a space diversity design which simply chooses the strongest signal between the dual incoming signals, then sends that signal to output.
- Selectable RF Output
- The transmitter allows selection between 5mW output power and 30mW output. 5mW is suitable for indoor, simultaneous multi-channel operation while 30mW is intended for outdoor, long-range use.
- Comprehensive Display
- Both transmitter and receiver feature a comprehensive LED display providing channel and frequency information, battery life, total usage time and more.