Electric Keys from MOTU is a cross-platform virtual instrument that includes the sounds of fifty, classic vintage electric keyboard instruments. The 40GB sound library consists of over 20,000 multi-samples, most of which were recorded with 24-bit/96kHz resolution. Legendary electric pianos, electric organs, clavinets, Wurlitzers, tape samplers, string machines, keyboard basses and other rare and exotic electric keyboard instruments are all represented.
The software allows the user to load, save and combine factory or custom presets, and use the included virtual effects rack to combine, apply and save chained multi-effects, including chorus, reverb, delay and more. Advanced software features include MIDI control of nearly all parameters, 256-note polyphony per instrument, ultra-low latency, efficient disk streaming for fast preset loading, and the UVI Engine for superb sound quality.
Electric Keys supports all major plug-in formats on Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista, including VST, DXi, MAS, Audio Units and RTAS. It also runs as a stand-alone application, turning any laptop or desktop computer into the ultimate electric keyboard instrument. Additionally, the sounds can be loaded into MOTU's MachFive software sampler for convenient, consolidated operation with other sound libraries.
- Virtual instrument with 40GB electric keyboard sound library with over 20,000 samples
- Comprehensive collection of fifty classic, rare and exotic electric keyboards from the last forty years
- Includes electric pianos, electric organs, clavs, tape samplers, string machines and other models
- Includes both classic instruments and rare instruments never before offered in sampled form
- Eleven instrument categories with easy operation and beautifully rendered, authentic look and feel
- Most instruments sampled at 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- Authentic multi-samples carefully crafted and customized for each instrument
- Virtual effects rack provides separate multi-FX presets that allow for thousands of FX/instrument combinations
- Includes dozens of factory presets, and allows for creating, saving and recalling user programs
- Hundred of preset Combis while allowing for creating, saving and recalling user layers
- Individual controls for each instrument, including ADSR envelope, LFO (for tremolo and auto-pan), tone controls, tuning and velocity response
- Superb sound quality with the 32-bit UVI Engine
- Disk streaming for fast preset loading
- 256-note polyphony and ultra-low software latency
- Two sound slots to create layers and splits in seconds
- MIDI Learn for all controls for hands-on operation
- MachFive 2 compatible for unified operation - library loads directly into sampler for consolidated project management