The Ewa-Marine U-BZ housing is specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D3, D300 and similar cameras. Smaller SLR cameras can still be used in the housing. The housing is manufactured from double laminated PVC and has an optical glass port. It is rated for dives of up to 60' (20 m) depth.
Perfect for snorkeling or diving or for use in sandy, dusty, humid or foul weather conditions. This housing will give your camera the best possible protection while being fully operable. Since the U-BZ can be used with lenses up to 300mm, it is perfect for canoeists and other outdoor photographers that want to take pictures of birds and other wildlife while in or near the water.
If the optional BF1 lead weight is inserted into the housing, underneath the camera, it becomes even easier to reach the maximum depth. The auto focus of the camera continues to function perfectly. As you descend, the air is pressed into the camera. Due to this, the pressure inside the housing will remain the same as the surrounding water pressure (this is the reason why ewa-marine housings are so safe to use: implosions are impossible). Due to this, we have to start the dive with a suitable amount of air inside the housing. The foam pads supplied with the housing are part of this air "reservoir" and additional air should also be blown into the housing, via the valve at the rear, to ensure that the maximum volume is being utilized.
The housing has a pair of non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails which fit together for sealing. They tighten by means of screw knobs. This housing accommodates a maximum 72mm lens filter thread. Adapters for 52, 55, 58 and 62mm filter threads are included. The lens could be as long as 9" (230mm).
- For large Digital SLR Cameras
- Specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D3, D300 and similar cameras
- Double Laminated PVC Construction
- Long lasting housing solution that is easy to maintain and packs in minimal space
- Camera Functions
- Accesses to all camera functions through the PVC
- Compatible with Long Telephoto Lenses
- Since the U-BZ can be used with lenses up to 300mm, it is perfect for taking pictures of birds and other wildlife while in or near the water
- Versatile Size and Weight
- Small enough to use for other sporting activities like skiing or fishing. Can change buoyancy by adding air or weight