The Gitzo GH3780 Center Ballhead is a relatively lightweight magnesium ballhead that incorporates many innovative and state-of-the-art features. It is designed to match the range of high performance tripods available from Gitzo. Not only does it guarantee a high maximum support load, but it also offers many other improved features, such as: smoothness, minimized drift angle, low gravity center, greater tilt angles, compactness, ergonomics and safety.
Exceptionally smooth rotation, positive locking and rapid camera mounting are all features common to the Gitzo designed range of ballheads. The graduated base, with independent locking facilities permits perfect panoramic photography. The design of the panoramic base permits the ballhead to be used for table top or near ground level work with or without the use of a tripod.
- Series 3
- Recommended for use with Series 3 tripods.
- Friction Control
- The separate friction control allows you to fine-tune the freedom of movement of the head. This allows you to control the head slower and more precise, or faster and looser.
- Safe Lock Disc
- The Safe Lock Disc top plate, composed of a techno-polymer compound, makes it possible to control the locking torque without prematurely stopping camera rotation and ensuring that the camera is safely and effectively locked in place.
- Spring Lock
- The SADL (Spring Assisted Double Lock) combines two locking systems in one. It maximizes both locking power and ball smoothness. A high friction metal guarantees a high efficiency lock, and the PTFE bushing - controlled by a pre loaded spring - maximizes smoothness and control.
- Bubble Ball
- The Bubble Ball is produced as a completely round hollow sphere, with an ultra thin wall, for an incredible weight reduction. The Bubble Ball also features a perfected PTFE treatment that further reduces the surface micro roughness.
- Extended Tilt Range
- This head offers independent pan and tilt locks with 360° pan movement, +100/-16° tilt movement, and a graduated engraved panoramic base.
- Supplied with a 1/4"-20 camera mounting screw.