The Night Enforcer PVS-14 Pinnacle Night Vision Monocular takes the legendary performance of the PVS-14 monocular to a higher level with the addition of ITT's 3rd generation Pinnacle tube. The Pinnacle is an auto-gated, thin-filmed image intensifier with variable gain control; the operator has the ability to increase or decrease image tube brightness for greater image contrast under dynamic lighting conditions.
There are many different variables that affect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and the method of calculation varies by manufacturer. The important factors to consider when evaluating any night vision device are the intensifier tube's generation, s/n ratio, level of magnification, specified resolution, along with the clarity & light transmission efficiency of the optical system.
All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. No matter what, bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- +2/-6 Dioptric adjustment
- Variable gain control for enhanced performance in altering light conditions
- Objective lens accepts accessory lenses (30.5mm thread)
- Run Time
- 50 Hours at room temperature on a single "AA" battery
- Multifunctional: Hand-held, head-mounted, helmet-mounted, weapons mounted, camera and video adaptable
- Brightness Gain
- Adjustable from 25 to >3000fl/fl
- Operating/Storage Temperature Range
Operating: -59 to 120°F (-51 to 49°C)
Storage: -59 to 185°F (-51 to 85°C)
- Third Generation Pinnacle Intensifier
- Gen 3 Pinnacle tube delivers 64 lp/mm of resolution. This tube is auto-gated for optimum performance regardless of the lighting conditions. The photocathode of the Pinnacle features thin-film technology and an auto-gated power-supply. Its exceptionally high S/N ratio minimizes distortion, ensuring a clear and detailed view at all times.