The PRO 550 headphones from Ultrasone provide professional-quality audio in a lightweight and comfortable design. The headphones can fold down into the included hard case, which also has room for storing accessories. The headphones are fully adjustable, and have comfortable around-ear speed-switch earpads. A spare pair of earpads are included.
The headphones use large 50mm Mylar drivers to provide smooth, natural sound with a wide frequency response that offers deep bass and crisp treble, ideal for tracking bassists and drummers. The headphones use Ultrasone's proprietary S-Logic Natural Surround Sound technology to provide a realistic soundscape, creating the impression that you're listening to high-quality speakers that are actually several feet away. This technology also produces the same perceived volume levels at a lower dB rating, allowing you to set the volume on your player a bit lower, potentially reducing the risk of hearing damage.
Other great features of the PRO 550 include MU metal shielding, which reduces radiation emission by up to 98% compared to other similar headphones on the market. This is an excellent feature for users who spend a great deal of time using headphones. The headphones include two single-sided detachable cables; one straight and one coiled. Each cord has a standard 1/4" stereo plug, and a 3.5mm mini adapter is included.
- Portable Design
- The headphones fold down easily into the included hard case for convenient storage and travel.
- Pro-Quality Sound
- Large 50mm Mylar drivers, combined with Ultrasone's S-Logic Surround Sound Technology puts you right into the center of the music, ideal for tracking bassists and drummers. Instead of piping sound directly into your head, the S-Logic technology creates a rich and detailed soundscape that seems more like you're listening to live music than headphones.
- Safer Listening
- In addition to providing a realistic sonic experience, the S-Logic technology provides the same loudness sensation as other headphones, with an up to 40% lower dB output. This lets you set the volume lower on your music player, and potentially reduce the risk of hearing damage.
- Ultra Low Emissions
- The PRO 550 headphones have ULE technology with an MU metal bufferboard to significantly reduce the amount of electromagnetic emissions produced by the headphones; up to 98% less than standard headphones. This is excellent for professional users who spend the majority of their day wearing headphones.
- Comfortable Design
- The fully-adjustable headband and around-ear speed-switch earpads provide long-lasting comfort. A spare pair of earpads are included.
- Detachable Cables
- Two single-sided detachable cables are provided; one straight and one coiled. Each cable has a 1/4" stereo plug, and a 1/4" to mini adapter is included.