The Ikelite Digital SubStrobe DS-160 is compatible with all Ikelite TTL digital camera systems. The strobe will also work with older TTL film cameras including the Nikonos system. The included TTL sync cord will connect to any Ikelite type bulkhead. Use a compatible TTL system and enjoy perfect automatic exposure and an increased number of flashes per full charge. When used in manual mode, the DS-160 offers 10 power settings in half-stop increments for precise control over your exposure. The DS-160 features special electronic circuitry that allows use with digital cameras with preflash metering. The strobe is also completely compatible with all non-preflash systems.
The strobe offers 160 watt/seconds of power in a small package and has a coverage angle of 100 degrees with a diffuser. The SubStrobe DS-160 recycles virtually instantaneously when fired at fractional power. This is true whether in TTL or manual mode. At full power, you still get an incredible 1.5 second recycle time.
A bright built-in five-watt LED aiming light is perfect for use as a focusing light or dive light on night dives. The beam is even, concentrated, and automatically turns off and on when the strobe fires.
The #3944.90 DS-160 package includes rechargeable NiMH battery pack, flash diffuser, deluxe ball-joint strobe arm and TTL sync cord for Ikelite bulkheads. The required smart charger is also included.
- 160 Watt/seconds of power
- 90° angle of coverage, add a diffuser to get 100°
- Built-in LED target light turns off and on when the strobe fires
- Full power recycle time of 1.5 second with audible ready signal
- Up to 225 flashes per charge
- In manual mode, the strobe offers 10 power settings in half-stop increments
- The included TTL sync cord will connect to any Ikelite type bulkhead, compatible TTL systems support automatic TTL exposure control
- Ikelite deluxe ball-joint strobe arm allows you to position for the most dramatic lighting