The HDSPe RayDAT from RME is a PCI express card system for Mac and Windows computers that's capable of handling 36 inputs and 36 outputs simultaneously. It provides 4 optical ADAT inputs and outputs, which support S/MUX technology making high-resolution 192 kHz recording and playback possible. It also features simultaneous operation of S/PDIF and AES/EBU ports, and two MIDI inputs and outputs on included breakout cables.
There are two Express cards included with the HDSPe RayDAT, a main card and an expansion card. If you don't need the two additional ADAT inputs and outputs, or MIDI connectivity, then you can just use the main card. The system utilizes the latest plug-and-play technology to make installation as easy as possible, even for beginners. In situations where you need even more I/O, up to four sets of HDSPe RayDAT cards can be used at once.
The HDSPe RayDAT includes the powerful real-time software mixer TotalMix, which allows any input and output routing and mixing configurations, provides zero-latency monitoring, enables you to create up to 18 independent stereo submixes, and much more. Also included is DIGICheck software, which is a high-quality spectral analyzer, level meter (for 2, 8, or 36 channels), a vector audio scope, and various other useful analysis tools. The HDSPe RayDAT equips you with an impressive amount of I/O, as well as giving you the flexibility of TotalMix technology and the ultra high-quality audio performance RME is famous for.
- 4 x ADAT digital I/O, supporting 192 kHz via S/MUX4 operation
- 1 x S/PDIF digital I/O, 192 kHz capable
- 1 x AES/EBU digital I/O, 192 kHz capable
- 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed MIDI via breakout cable
- Up to 36 inputs and 36 outputs can be used simultaneously
- Includes DIGICheck, RME's unique metering and analyzing tool
- Includes TotalMix: a 2592 channel software mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
- Native PCI Express - no PCI to PCI Express bridge used
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 16 channels 24-bit/96 kHz for record and playback on ADAT optical
- All settings can be changed in real-time
- AES and S/PDIF I/Os can be used simultaneously
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- SyncAlign guarantees sample aligned and never swapping channels
- SyncCheck tests and reports the synchronization status of input signals
- Includes SteadyClock: a Jitter-immune, super-stable digital clock
- Optional Time Code module (TCO) for external Video/SMPTE synchronization