The MDR-NC500D headphones from Sony provide terrific sound quality and peaceful listening even in the most noisy of environments. Advanced digital noise cancellation technology provides up to a 99 percent reduction of ambient noise on planes, trains, offices, and other noisy environments, so you can focus on your music.
The headphones use 40mm neodymium drivers to provide natural sound with an extra-wide frequency response that provides deep bass and crystal clear treble. The adjustable headband and thickly-cushioned around-ear earcups provide a secure and comfortable fit, and also help to naturally block out external noises.
The headphones can operate for up to 16 hours using the built-in rechargeable battery. You can also choose to add two AA batteries to the headphones to extend the operating time to 28 hours. The headphones have a single-sided cable to help minimize tangles, and the 3.5mm mini plug is compatible with a wide variety of devices. A 1/4" adapter and an airplane adapter are included so you can plug into virtually any sound system on land or in the air. The headphones fold flat neatly into the included carrying case.
- Advanced digital noise cancellation technology blocks out 99 percent of ambient noise
- Artificial intelligence provides three modes of cancellation: Plane, Bus, and Office
- Large 40mm Neodymium drivers for great sonic detail with a wide frequency response
- Adjustable headband and thick around-ear cushions for a comfortable fit and added noise blockage
- Built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 16 hours of playback. Two AA batteries can be added to create a "joint" battery system that provides up to 28 hours of operation
- Single-sided cable with a standard 3.5mm mini plug
- Airplane and 1/4" adapters included for wide compatibility
- Convenient fold-flat design stows easily in the included travel case