The Allen & Heath ZED-R16 Firewire Recording Console delivers a host of coveted features that addresses the demands of today's producers and digital recording engineers. The mixer features 16 mono channels with integrated Firewire I/O, stereo bus with Firewire I/O, 16-channel ADAT I/O, 4 dedicated MIDI channels and MIDI transport controls.
The integrated Firewire and ADAT I/O provide dedicated digital signal routing per channel and eliminate the need for a dedicated audio interface. Signals may be routed pre or post EQ and pre or post insert points, maximizing routing flexibility. Two extra Firewire channels are dedicated to the stereo bus for mix down and stereo return from software.
There are 16 low-noise, transparent microphone preamps, each with its own +48V phantom power switch. Each channel features a powerful EQ with two swept, fully parametric mids, and high and low shelving. In addition to all this, the ZED-R16 features 2 dedicated pre-fader auxiliary sends, 2 post-fader auxiliary sends a fully functional monitoring section and robust construction that's sure to withstand demanding professional recording environments, project and home studios.
- Firewire and ADAT I/O
- A dedicated sound-card features Firewire and ADAT digital I/O per channel. Additional Firewire I/O are provided on the stereo bus.
- 16 Dedicated Channels
- The ZED-R16 is comprised of 16 channels with 4 dedicated stereo channels.
- MIDI Control and Transport Integration
- Four dedicated MIDI control faders are features, however all 16 faders on the ZED-16 are capable of MIDI control. There are also dedicated transport controls and assignable pot controls for software manipulation.
- Powerful EQ
- Each channel features a fully parametric EQ section with two sweepable mids.
- Low-Noise Mic Preamps
- 16 dedicated fully tranparent microphone preamps feature individual +48V phantom power switches.