The UR-2 from Fostex is a professional-level stereo audio recorder designed for installation applications. The unit has dual SDHC card slots and a USB 2.0 connector, allowing you to alternate recording and playback among different media.
The UR-2 records mono or stereo WAV files at up to 24-bit/96kHz. The recorder uses the widely-used FAT32 disc format, making it easy to transfer files to a computer for DAW manipulation. Analog input and output connections are made via standard XLR and RCA connectors. Digital I/O is provided via XLR connectors. A microphone input with +48V phantom power is provided on the front panel for recording speech, or mixing live speech with pre-recorded material.
Playback features include the ability to create 99 cue points with a locate function. Timer Play and Power On Play enable automatic playback at predetermined times. Remote control can be achieved via footswitch, parallel connection, or RS-232 connection. A keyboard may be connected via the USB port for editing file names, as well as controlling record and playback functions.
- Robust 1RU chassis fits in any standard equipment rack
- Multiple recording/playback options, thanks to 2 SDHC card slots and a USB port 1
- High-quality WAV recordings up to 24-bit/96kHz
- USB 2.0 file transfer to/from PC
- XLR and RCA analog I/O
- XLR digital I/O
- Front-panel mic input with phantom power
- Up to 99 cue points with location search
- Timer Play and Power On Play for scheduled or repetitive playback
- Chain Play and Memory Play modes
- Organic EL display for high visibility
- Remote options include footswitch, parallel, and RS232, as well as USB keyboard connection