The advent of unparalleled bass reproduction and exquisite craftsmanship is at your fingertips with the Velodyne Optimum-10 Digital EQ Subwoofer. Designed and built with both home theater pundits and high profile audio connoisseurs in mind, it combines unsurpassed clarity and functionality by incorporating Energy Recovery System (ERS), Dynamic Drive Control System (DDCS), and DSP digital control technologies. It features an active 10" front-firing resin cone with Kevlar reinforcement, dual layer 3" voice coil, 346 oz magnet structure, and 1200W RMS/2400W peak power Class D digital amplification. This powerful design enables it to reproduce the tightest "punch" at the highest sound levels in its class.
Moreover, this dynamic subwoofer will take your audio listening experience to a whole new level. The Optimum-10 offers an adjustable low-pass crossover, high-pass crossover, 13 - 240Hz frequency response, RCA line-level input/output, LFE input, and speaker-level inputs with 5-way binding posts. Enjoy the convenience of (4) customized listening modes, one-button 7-Band EQ room correction system, intuitive front-panel LCD display, Auto Turn On function, IR remote compatibility, and conscience minded Night Mode function.
With its hand-rubbed black gloss lacquer finish and cube-style design, magnetic video shielding, the Velodyne Optimum-10 is an ideal solution for home theater, whole house audio systems, and anywhere high quality, powerful bass projection is required.
- Dynamic Drive Control System (DDCS)
- Designed with Velodyne's DDCS distortion limiting technology; this subwoofer is capable of reproducing well defined bass tones that will enhance the overall sound value of any soundtrack with lower distortion. It is an active, signal based system that assures linear cone movement and controls the driver's frequency and distortion characteristics.
- Energy Efficient Class D Amplification
- It features Reliable Class D Energy Recovery System (ERS) amplification with 1200W RMS/2400W peak power. Because of the high efficiency of its design (over 95%), it's capable of reproducing exceptional sound quality, and clarity in every audible detail without wasting valuable energy.
- Kevlar Reinforced 10" Linear Driver
- Its forward-firing, multi-layer 10" resin driver is designed with Kevlar reinforcement, 8" piston, and mounted in a die-cast aluminum basket. The Optimum-10 is capable of reproducing the most demanding home theater soundtracks and music with authority, accuracy and low distortion.
- Dual-Wound Voice Coil
- Developed with dual-wound voice coil technology; this subwoofer assures linear travel and allows for heat dissipation throughout the enclosure.
- Room Bass Correction
- It features Room Bass Correction with a 7-band internal parametric equalizer, which is an advanced metering system that uses a small calibrated microphone (included) to analyze room acoustics for the proper balance of the low-frequency output of your subwoofer.
- DSP Controlled
- Built with DSP technology to digitally configure the output parameters and equalization, the Optimum-10 is capable of delivering a full, clear, and tight low-frequency response - superior to any analog system.
- Low-Frequency Response
- With a frequency response of 13 - 240Hz, this subwoofer offers a full range of low-frequencies with the capability of reproducing a very tight bass-response throughout your home theater.
- Variable Phase Control Switching
- The phase switch determines whether the subwoofer speaker's piston-like action moves in and out with the main speakers. Proper phase adjustment depends on several variables such as room size, subwoofer placement and listener position. Adjust the phase switch to maximize bass output at the listening position; it offers 0°, 90°, 180°, and 270° adjustments.
- Features and Controls
- This subwoofer offers line level RCA inputs and outputs, speaker level inputs, LFE input, IR input, 12V trigger input, variable volume control, high-excursion rubber surround, adjustable (40 - 120Hz) low-pass crossover, (4) selectable preset modes for customized listening (Movies, R&B-Rock, Jazz-Classical, Games), and signal sensing (auto turn on/off).
- Stylish Design
- Its stylish design will complement the newest flat-screen Plasma and LCD TVs in your home theater set-up. The Optimum-10 is a well-constructed subwoofer that's finished off in a hand-rubbed black gloss lacquer.
- Full Feature Remote Control
- Included with this unit is a full-feature remote control capable of executing multiple commands on the Optimum-10 from any angle up to ±30°. Enjoy the ability to adjust the output volume, correct phase, (4) user presets, LED on/off, and adjusts the output for night listening with "Night Mode.