The DP-004 Digital Pocketstudio from TASCAM brings all of the great features of the Portastudio line of products into a compact unit that's smaller than a paperback book. Ideal for the traveling musician, the DP-004 provides 4 tracks of CD-quality digital audio recording, as well as mixing and editing features.
Rather than using confusing layered menus, the DP-004 provides real knobs for tactile, intuitive control. The unit uses standard SD flash memory cards to record up to 2 audio sources at once. You can use the on-board stereo microphone to record a performance, or connect instruments or microphones to the 2 1/4" mic/line inputs. A 3.5mm output is provided for connecting headphones or speakers.
A bounce feature lets you consolidate tracks once all 4 are filled in order to make room for more overdub layers. An autopunch feature lets you fix problems, and an undo function allows you to cancel out any edits. You can use the knobs to set levels and pan, and then record the mix to a dedicated stereo master track. You can transfer your tracks and mixes to your computer by using the USB 2.0 connection, or by removing the SD card and using a separate card reader.
- Ultra compact, smaller than a paperback book
- Records up to 4 tracks at 16-bit/44.1kHz
- Records to standard SD flash memory cards
- Simultaneously records 2 audio sources
- Integrated stereo microphone
- Dual 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Stereo 3.5mm output
- Physical knobs for setting level and pan
- LCD display
- USB 2.0 connector
- Bounce, autopunch, and undo features
- Operates on AA batteries or an optional power adapter 1