The Bokeh Photoshop Plug-in Software for Mac and Windows from Alien Skin Software allows you to simulate the out-of-focus area created by wide-aperture lenses. Using advanced algorithms based on field results of lenses that are highly for their bokeh (the quality of the out of focus area of a photo), the software aims to create a more natural, pleasing bokeh than often-cumbersome Photoshop techniques.
In addition to subject isolation, the software can be used to create the selective-focus Lensbaby effect, add interesting vignettes to backgrounds, and to simulate the look of Holga toy cameras. You'll even be able to recreate the tilt-shift effect, usually only achieved by using very specialized lenses or large format cameras.
- Create realistic shallow depth of field in an image
- Turn distracting backgrounds into beautiful, buttery bokeh, helping to better isolate your subject
- Add tilt-shift effects to an image
- Simulates the bokeh of such renowned lenses as the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II and Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
- Add vignetting effects to your photos
- Simulate the look and feel of toy cameras, such as the Holga
- Selectively isolate your subject using a Lensbaby-type focus effect