The Gefen DVI FM1000 is a fiber optic extender that allows users to extends their DVI display up to 3,280' (1km) away from the video source. The process is accomplished with only two tiny transceivers, using a 100% optical SC fiber solution with a single strand of fiber optic cable.
Automatic EDID Programming enables quick and correct synchronization of the video source to the display without any manual configuration needed. It's a great way to extend DVI video easily and unobtrusively.
- The DVI FM1000 sender unit plugs into a DVI port, which can be either a computer source or another device transmitting a DVI signal. The DVI-FM1000 Receiver unit plugs into a DVI display. Once connected, a single strand of multimode SC fiber optic cable connects the sender to the receiver. Power is connected to the FM-1000 receiver using the 5V wall adapter. The result is a crisp and vibrant digital video image over extremely long distances.
- Supports video resolutions up to 1080p, 2K, and 1920 x 1200
- Uses inexpensive and widely available single-strand multimode SC fiber optic cable
- Automatic EDID Programming feature enables quick and correct sync of source to display
- Immunity from electromagnetic influences (EMI) is thanks to all-fiber construction
- Saves space on your desktop and increases productivity
- Eliminates computer noise where you work
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors