The PMD661 from Marantz is a professional-quality stereo field audio recorder that packs a wealth of recording, playback, and editing features into a compact and ergonomic package. Based on the popular PMD660, the PMD661 incorporates a wide variety of high-tech features and advancements.
The recorder uses high-quality internal preamps to record pristine sound to SD or SDHC flash memory cards. You can use the on-board microphones or the dual XLR inputs to connect external mics. The jacks will supply +48V phantom power, allowing you to use condenser microphones. You can also use the S/PDIF digital or 3.5mm mini line input to connect other audio sources. Audio files can be recorded as WAV or MP3 at rates up to 24-bit/96kHz.
On the output side, you can choose to review your material from the on-board stereo speakers or the 1/4" headphone jack with its own volume control. You can also use the stereo RCA line outputs to connect to a mixer or speakers. A USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a computer to transfer your files for editing and sharing.
The PMD661 provides an intuitive interface with easy-to-use controls and a bright, clear OLED screen. A 10-segment LED meter makes it easy to monitor audio levels at a glance. Designed for a life of mobility, the PMD661 is constructed from durable ABS plastic, and can operate for up to 5 hours on 4 standard AA batteries.
- Compact and Rugged
- Constructed from ABS plastic with a metal faceplate, the PMD661 is built for a life of professional use
- High-Quality Recording
- Record stereo or mono WAV or MP3 files at rates up to 24-bit/96kHz
- Stable Media
- Record your audio to reliable, widely-available SD or SDHC flash memory cards
- Input Options
- You can record audio via the built-in microphones, as well as the dual mic/line XLR inputs. The XLR jacks provide +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics. S/PDIF digital and 3.5mm mini line inputs are also provided
- Output Options
- You can monitor recordings via the built-in stereo speakers or the 1/4" headphone jack. You can also use the stereo RCA line outputs to connect to a mixer or speakers
- Long Battery Life
- The recorder uses 4 standard AA batteries, and can run for up to 5 hours
- Intuitive Interface
- The easy-to-use controls, bright OLED screen, and 10-segment LED level meter make the PMD661 a joy to use
- On-Board Editing
- Built-in Copy Segment and File Divide functions provide editing options in the field
- Computer Integration
- The USB 2.0 port lets you easily transfer audio to a computer, while the included PMD Mark Editor software lets you edit your files