Designed for hunters by a company full of hunters, Bushnell's 8x42 Legend HD Binocular proves once again that Bushnell is never a company to sit upon their laurels. The Legends have long been regarded as a great hunter or birder's value, and the 2009 updates offer serious advantages over the prior generations. Bushnell has been able to greatly increase the field of view with just a tiny decrease in eye relief, and that extra field surrounds your peripheral vision within the binocular.
The objective lenses now feature extra-low dispersion glass, which aims to eliminate chromatic aberration. Other improvements include a facelift to the housing armor, magnesium construction to shave precious amounts of weight, and new anti-reflective internal lens coatings to maximize overall color rendition.
The 8x42 model is a standard entry for enthusiastic birders, and makes for a great all-around hunting and sporting unit. This roof prism design offers a streamlined shape for better handling for most average-to-smaller hand.
- Profoundly-wide field of view together with good 17mm of eye relief
- "ED Prime Glass" extra-low dispersion objective lens elements focus light from red, green, and blue color spectrums to a tighter point for minimized color aberration
- "Ultra WB Coating" broadband anti-reflective coatings throughout binocular aim to increase transmission values across full 380-750nm visible color spectrum
- Rainguard HD external oil-and-water-repellent lens coatings minimize condensation droplet size, prevent fogging from your own breath, and ease cleaning regimen
- PC-3 phase-coated BaK-4 roof prisms
- Hybrid magnesium chassis significantly reduces weight
- Newly-designed ridged rubber armoring with a particularly soft touch
- Ridged, twist-up eyecups
- Large, knobby center focus dial is easy to grab even while wearing gloves
- Locking diopter ring
- Bushnell's deluxe binocular harness is included