The Gossen Starlite 2 Universal Exposure Meter is a high-end, universal meter that will measure a wide variety of lighting scenarios - ambient, flash and spot. In addition, this meter will meter for photometric values such as lux and foot candles. These kinds of illuminance measurements work with in both ambient and flash modes.
This unique meter, in addition to being such a full-featured meter, comes complete in a waterproof housing which makes it a great selection for anyone working at sea, in humid environments, weather related venues, site readings, and many other situations.
For anyone in the cinema business, the meter will be equal value. The easy-to-read meter requires no formula conversations making it a cinch to use.
For general photographic use, this meter meets all pro demands. For portrait, object and fashion photography, it measures and analyzes light which strikes the motif - regardless of the object's reflectivity. And, the meter only takes illuminance into consideration, not object brightness. For the real purist, the Starlite 2 is geared to the Zone System and can give brightness values for all gray tones within a scene.
In flash mode, it calculates the number of flashes required for a given resolution - and it will analyze the light and figure the brightness ratio of the scene. It takes contrast into consideration and rads from the brightest to darkest areas and produces the correct exposure solution.
- Exposure Measurement
- Ambient, flash and spot - measures in 1-5° angle using the viewfinder. Incident light is determined using the diffuser which can be raised or lowered depending on shooting plane
- Cine Readings
- Total cine meter - 180° rotary disc. There are extra sector sizes in 5° steps - no conversion with formulas are required
- Footcandles, lux and other precise readings can easily be obtained
- Zone System
- Using the 11-step gray scale, precise black and white values can be obtained
- DIP Switches
- Exposure times for the standard series - full steps can be changed to 1/2 stops; additional readings can be tweaked as well such as cine readings