The Vivitar DF-383 Series 1 Power Zoom AF Flash is an Olympus TTL-enabled flash with support for digital SLR cameras. It features a powerful guide number of 148' at ISO 100 and 85mm, and features a power-zoom flash head that covers a focal range from 24mm to 85mm. The head can also tilt upward 90° and rotate right 90° or left 180° for bounce lighting.
The flash includes a built-in slave function which allows it to be positioned off-camera, and triggered by any second flash. An AF assist light is available for low light shooting as well as a backlit for the LCD screen. You can also manually adjust the power level of the flash output from full-power down to 1/16th. It has support for both 1st and 2nd curtain sync modes and runs on 4 AA batteries. This allows for a recycle time of 0.5 to 9 seconds.
- Bounce, Zoom & Swivel Head
- Flash has vertical bounce of 90° and horizontal swivel of 270°, with automatic or manual zoom settings of 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm
- AF Assist
- Autofocus auxiliary lamp helps the camera to focus in low-light situations
- Remote Triggering
- Built-in optical slave function allows for off-camera operation
- Accepts Light Modifiers
- Includes reflecting plate & wide angle diffuser
- Power Saving
- Circuitry incorporates an auto-off power saving element