With 1080p HD video upconversion, exquisite digital audio sound, the Toshiba DVR620 DVD/VCR Recorder Combo combines superb functionality and versatility, with abilities to record your favorite home movies onto DVD-R/W and DVD+R/W discs with a choice of 5 different recording speeds. Your current DVD library will look and sound better than ever before, because this unit is a progressive-scan player capable of upconverting your DVDs to 720p, 1080i, and 1080p through the HDMI output. With its coaxial digital audio output and 192KHz/24-bit audio D/A conversion; enjoy the awesome power of Dolby Digital audio for a wider, more enveloping surround sound experience. In addition, plug in your digital camcorder to the front-panel DV input and make high quality DVDs of your memories quickly and easily.
Moreover, this recorder offers incredible features that will be hard to match at this price point. One-touch recording, auto finalize with undo, component video output, and 54MHz/10-bit video processing. Watch still JPEG photos, or even listen to your favorite CDs, MP3 or WMA files. It offers the flexibility of viewing either your VHS or multi-format DVDs, and ability to record DVD to VHS or vice-versa with bi-directional dubbing. Its built-in 4-head Hi-Fi VCR offers (2) recording speeds (SP/SLP), V-chip and timer recording capabilities, and convenient front-panel S-Video and RCA analog audio inputs.
With multi-format DVD/CD playback capabilities, connectivity to virtually any A/V source, and DivX playback, your entertainment choices are endless with Toshiba's DVR620.
- HDMI Output with 1080p HD Video Upconversion
- This unit utilizes a high-bandwidth video processor that's capable of upconverting standard DVDs to 720p/1080i and 1080p HD through the HDMI output. HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
- Recordable DVD Discs
- Record your favorite shows onto DVD-R (Video Mode), DVD-RW (VR and Video Mode), DVD+R (Video Mode), DVD+RW (VR Mode) discs. It records in the following modes: XP/1 hr, SP/2 hr, LP/4 hr, EP/6 hr, and SLP/8 hr.
- Built-In Dolby Digital Decoder
- With a built-in Dolby Digital decoder, it reproduces surround sound fidelity and sonic realism from your favorite movie soundtracks. It's capable of advanced 24-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 192KHz.
- Progressive Scan Technology
- This is a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- Front-Panel DV (IEEE) Input
- With front DV (IEEE) and analog A/V (RCA) inputs, you can plug your camcorder or other devices directly into recorder without having to pull it out of your entertainment center and messing with the rear inputs.
- Component Video Output
- The DVR620 achieves greater color accuracy and high resolution playback capability when connected via the component video output to your projector, plasma and/or LCD/CRT televisions.
- Multi-Format Capability
- It offers a full-range of playback capabilities for enjoying movies, music and images. It can play back DVD-Video, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, CD-DA, CD-R/RW, VCD, SVCD, MP3, WMA, and JPEG.
- DivX Home Theater Certified
- DivX is video compression software which enables high quality video to be compressed into very small files then downloaded onto CD-R or CD-RW and played back with very little loss of quality.
- One Touch Recording
- One Touch Recording makes recording your favorite show simple. Connect this unit to your cable or satellite box and you are set to record with the push of one button. Please note: an external tuner source is required to record television programming.
- Auto Finalize with Undo
- It offers Auto Finalize with Undo, which simplifies the recording task by automatically finalizing the recording for DVD disc compatibility with standard players.
- Editing Features
- This unit offers Playlist, Rename Title, Replace Title Thumbnail, Chapter Creation and Bi-Directional Dubbing editing features.
- Multi-Language System
- This unit offers the ability to select language preferences; it supports English, Spanish, and French languages.
- Full-Feature Remote Control
- This unit includes a full-feature remote control capable of executing specific commands such slow motion, fast scan, instant skip, and on-screen display. It's also able to execute every command from any angle up to ±30°.