The Saffire PRO 40 from Focusrite is a multi-channel FireWire audio interface that features 8 Focusrite low noise preamps, along with digital inputs and outputs. High-quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality through the signal chain.
Every channel features phantom power, with 9dB pads on the first 2 channels providing additional headroom. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analog input offers accurate viewing of levels. Two independent headphone buses are provided, each with its own level control. Additional front panel controls include a main monitor dial with dim and mute switches, all of which fully integrate with customizable software to cover every possible monitoring need, basic stereo to full 7.1 surround.
Alongside the analog and digital I/Os are virtual "loopback" inputs that allow for routing digital audio between software applications, using the Saffire PRO 40 Control. This zero-latency DSP software provides extensive output routing and monitoring, a clear mixing layout, and large on-screen metering for inputs, outputs and sub-mixes.
Focusrite's Xcite+ bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synthesizer, the Midnight Plug-In Suite, and over 1 GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
The Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. The plug-ins allow for conveniently exploring the sound of the hardware originals from within Pro Tools (10 and above), along with other audio software. The software is a free download for new and current owners of the Saffire PRO 40.
- 20 input, 20 output FireWire interface with 8 Focusrite microphone preamps
- Two of the inputs are "virtual loopback" inputs for routing digital audio between software applications
- 10 balanced analog outputs
- Phantom power on all 8 microphone inputs, switchable in groups of 4
- Coaxial S/PDIF on RCA connectors along with 8 channels of ADAT Lightpipe I/O (ADAT Lightpipe can be switched to 2 channels of optical S/PDIF)
- The interface is fully Thunderbolt compatible with the use of a simple FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter (sold separately)
- 2 independent headphone busses each with its own level control on the front panel
- Monitor control panel includes level control and "Dim" and "Mute" switches
- Front panel, 5-LED metering for all 8 analog inputs
- Zero-latency 18 x 16 DSP mixer/router software for controlling the interface and for setting up every possible monitoring need, from basic stereo to 7.1 surround
- Plug-in suite upgrades the standard sequencer effects with Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins
- Xcite+ Pack includes Live Lite, Novation Bass Station soft synthesizer, and over 1GB of royalty-free samples
- Internal universal power supply
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware
- Midnight EQ 4-band, full-parametric EQ with peaking and shelving plus low- and high-pass filters based on the ISA 110 hardware EQ
- Midnight Compressor with compression ratios of 1.5 to infinity, adjustable attack and auto/manual release, based on the ISA 130 hardware compressor