The Planon DocuPen RC805 pen-sized, full-page color scanner can capture images of documents including text, graphics and signatures, articles in magazines and more. It is lightweight, battery-operated and completely portable, and features expandable memory. It can store hundreds of scanned pages. Scanning any page takes just 4 - 8 seconds at 100 - 400dpi resolution in color and B & W. This pocket sized scanner connects to a computer via its USB port to transfer images and to recharge its battery.
The wand shape tucks easily into a coat pocket, laptop bag or purse. Unlike other pen scanners that can only scan one line at a time, the RC805 is a full-page scanner that can scan paper images, laptop or monitor displays, packages, signage, and more. It comes with PaperPort SE software, a great image editing and organizing tool for all your letters, receipts, pictures, business cards and also integrates with your Outlook, Word, Excel and other applications.
- Scan Anything in Color
- The DocuPen can be used to scan newspapers, magazines, books, notes, Receipts, Contracts, Sketches, and other important documents in color and B & W. It will even scan laptop or monitor displays, labels, packages, signage and more.
- Scan Anywhere
- Use the DocuPen and scan anywhere and then view or print scans later. Its wand shape tucks easily into a coat pocket, laptop bag or purse. Its small size and built-in battery means that you can capture quality scans at a courtroom, hotel lobby, schools, even while traveling on a plane, bus, train or car.
- Scan It Quickly
- Scanning any page takes just 4-8 seconds at resolutions from 100 - 400dpi
- Expandable Memory
- The RC805 has is capable of storing hundreds of pages into its expandable memory.
- Status Display
- The RC805 has a small status display attached to the top of the unit. Its LED lights indicate Speed, Color/B & W. Color Depth, High/Standard Resolution, Memory and Battery levels.
- Rechargeable Iithium-Ion Battery
- The DocuPen RC805 uses built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that allows the DocuPen to remain perpetually charged without utilizing a separate charging unit. Once a user plugs the DocuPen into a computer's USB port to download the scanned information, the scanner's batteries are automatically recharged.
- Dual Roller Guiding System
- The DocuPen RC805 offers a dual-roller guiding system to enhance the user experience by creating a smoother scanning operation and a more accurate scan. The dual-roller guiding system includes strategically placed rollers around the scanner lens to distribute operator's pressure evenly for smooth and easy scans.
- PaperPort Software
- The DocuPen comes with PaperPort SE software which is a great image editing and organizing tool for all your letters, receipts, pictures, business cards and also integrates with your Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop and other applications. After transferring your scanned documents you can easily print, fax & e-mail them as well as exporting them into different formats including BMP, JPG, PCX, DCX & TIFF. PaperPort also offered effective optical character recognition (OCR) and allows users to easily create PDFs from Windows applications, and supports document proofing with markup, redlining, editing, and image enhancement features.