The MPK25 from Akai is a 25-key, USB based performance controller, that also features 12 genuine MPC drum pads. The semi-weighted keyboard is velocity and pressure sensitive, as are the drum pads. Forty-eight pads are accessible in total via 4 pad-banks which feature the MPC Note Repeat function and Swing parameters.
The controller has its own arpeggiator, perfect for quickly creating creative riffs. The pads also maintain the MPC "Full Level" and "12 Levels" functions, and MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds.
The controller can be powered via the USB bus. MIDI I/O is also available and the unit can function in standalone mode when powered by an optional power supply.
- 25-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and full-sized keys
- 12 full-sized, 360° rotation pots, with 2 banks
- 12 genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- A total of 30 switches, including transport controls
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in the creative process
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display