Reprising much of the design of classic reflectors used by the most famous historical astronomers, the Celestron FirstScope is a 3" reflector meant for tabletop viewing that's also a nice decorative scope. Movements are super-simple; just rotate the ball bearing turntable base where you need to, loosen the up/down locking knob, and point the tube to the area of the sky you're interested in. A pair of basic eyepieces supplied provide 15x & 75x magnification, but you can use any 1.25" eyepiece. Grab a star chart and set out to explore the sky as the greats from centuries past did with the FirstScope.
- Desktop style Dobsonian-style altazimuth mount.
- Tube housing adorned with names of famous astronomers
- Simple rack and pinion 1.25" focuser
- Light enough to travel almost anywhere
- Supplied with 15x (25° apparent field) and 75x (33° apparent field) eyepieces
- Both a cool keepsake and a practical viewing instrument