Onkyo's A-5VL Integrated Amplifier is a digital amplifier, which offers significant power efficiency savings and sports a slim and elegant design. With such a slender design, one might begin to wonder how so much pre and power amp functionality can fit into one integrated package. Simply, the A-5VL was crafted with energy efficiency in mind. Since it produces much less power than your typical amplifier, the heat sink in the design was molded much smaller than in previous models. This less for more scenario leaves more room for audiophile-grade parts, like audio-tuned capacitors and low-impedance copper bus plates.
The unit also includes the company's proprietary VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) technology. When data is converted between sampling points, these points are then joined with analog vectors in real-time to produce smooth output waveforms. It is also compatible with Onkyo's optional RI (remote interactive) Docks for the iPod, which allows you to control playback of your iPod via the amplifier's remote controller. Due to the high efficiency of its design, the A-5VL produces remarkably little heat production or distortion, thus enabling each channel to output exceptional sound quality, and clarity in every audible detail.
- Exceptional Sound Quality and Clarity in Every Audible Detail
- Offers Significant Power Efficiency Savings
- Sports a Slim and Elegant Design
- Exclusive Vector Linear (VL) Digital Technology
- Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs
- Compatible with Onkyo's Optional RI (remote interactive) Docks for the iPod
- Separate Transformers for L/R Channels
- Low-Impedance Copper Bus Plates for Perfect Ground Potential
- New Custom-Designed, Audio-Tuned Reference Capacitors