The Axis Communications AXIS M7001 Video Encoder is a small and inexpensive encoder that can be used to interface a single analog CCTV camera to a network. Its compact form makes it a particularly good choice for discreet or space constricted installations such as inside a camera housing. Power is provided via PoE, eliminating the need for an external power source. When connected to a motorized dome camera via its RS-422/485 port, this encoder will also allow full pan, tilt, and zoom control over the network as well as access to the camera's presets and tour functions.
Video is encoded using H.264, a compression method that maintains excellent image quality while keeping file sizes to a minimum. MJPEG is also supported for extra flexibility. Alarm events triggered by the encoder's built-in motion detection sensor can be used to trigger file upload via FTP and HTTP as well as email notification. Motion detection can also be used to move a PTZ camera to a preset position. There is also a 20MB buffer for storing pre and post alarm footage.
Note: Requires PoE injector
- Compact encoder for discreet and space constricted installations
- PTZ control of motorized dome cameras
- Simultaneous H.264 and MJPEG for efficient data distribution with
- Full frame rate in all resolutions
- Power over Ethernet eliminates the need for external power supply