The Gitzo GT3340L Aluminum Tripod is their classic Series 3 aluminum offering, with 32mm maximum diameter tubing to provide rock-solid support with any SLR camera and any 300mm lens (including a 300mm f/2.8 monster). It is delivered with a rapid-style center column, as well as a "Ground Level Set" which allows use at extremely low heights without the column in place. Fit and finish are what you should expect from the industry's top brand; the exacting nature of the movements is a delight.
This model, with 4 sections, provides a 'working height' (legs deployed, column retracted) that's appropriate for the majority of users to have the camera right at eye level, and when it is collapsed it will still fit comfortably upon the outside of an average consumer backpack.
The GT3340L utilizes Gitzo's improved 1.2mm thick aluminum tubing, which provides a high maximum load capacity and outstanding torsional rigidity while still reducing the weight 30% from previous Gitzo aluminum models.
- Gitzo's standard-height System 3 aluminum tripod, with a rapid center column
- Maximum upper leg segment diameter of 32mm; appropriate for large SLRs and large telephoto lenses
- Improved 1.2mm thick aluminum tubing's 30% lighter than before, with equal rigidity
- Gitzo's "ALR" Anti Leg Rotation design prohibits segments from rotating; they can only move directly up or down
- Gitzo's "G-Lock" is the industry's strongest locking mechanism
- Gitzo "Power Disc" top plate with anti-twist safety screws to affix head/lens collar to disc and disc to monopod stem
- Rounded hard rubber leg tips can be exchanged for optional GS5030 self-locking feet, G1220.129B3/G1220.129LB3 ground spikes, G1220.130B3 large rubber feet, G1220.130B3 all-terrain feet, or G1586B3 non-marring feet
- Made in Italy