The AD 22S from Rane is a fully balanced, dual-channel audio delay unit designed for multiple applications, including speaker array synchronization and precision audio-to-video alignment. With two distinct modes, the AD 22S offers the functionality of dedicated devices within a single unit.
Featuring a delay range of 2.00 mSec to 999.99 mSec, the unit displays the delay in units of time, distance, or frames. The dedicated Video mode can be used to provide almost a full second of audio delay in 0.5 frame increments for all standard NTSC or PAL/SECAM frame rates.
The AD 22S can operate as two independent channels, or as a linked stereo pair. Front panel controls allow for choosing settings for each channel that can be stored into 2 nonvolatile memory locations for quick and easy access at any time.
Bypass relays for each channel automatically connect should the device lose power. Rear terminals provide for connecting standard switches to recall settings remotely. LEDs on the front panel indicate signal presence and alert when the signal is nearing the maximum input level.
- Audio delay unit designed for multiple applications, including speaker array synchronization and precision audio-to-video alignment
Two distinct modes of operation:
- Distance Mode
- Display in milliseconds, feet, or meters
- 2.00 mSec to 999.99 mSec delay range per channel
- 0.01 mSec resolution
- Video Mode
- Display in frames per second or milliseconds
- Compatible with NTSC and PAL/SECAM frame rates
- 0.5 frame resolution
- Distance Mode
- Large backlit LCD display
- 2 nonvolatile memories per channel for each alignment mode
- Remote memory recall port on rear
- Front panel lockout port on rear
- Failsafe bypass relay for each channel
- Internal universal power supply