The SL 3 from Rane is a compact 24-bit USB 2.0 computer audio interface that was designed for digital DJing (the popular Serato Scratch Live DJ software is included). There are two sets of stereo RCA inputs on the SL 3 that enable your to attach a pair of vinyl turntables or CDJ decks, and two sets of stereo RCA outputs that allow you to plug into a DJ mixer. The SL 3 hardware and the Serato Scratch Live software give you the power to control the playback of the music and video files in your Mac or Windows computer with the turntables, CDJ decks, and DJ mixer of your choice.
What sets the SL 3 apart from other digital DJing systems is its rich 24-bit audio processing, its fast USB 2.0 connectivity, its ability to run the separately available Video-SL VJing plug-in, and its stereo RCA auxiliary inputs and outputs. The aux I/O can be used to accomplish many different things, such as recording your DJ set back into Scratch Live through the aux input.
Scratch Live comes with a free 6 slot sample player/virtual deck system called the SP-6. You can assign the aux output on the SL 3 to the SP-6 and route it into an input on your DJ mixer. Scratch Live also features a LiveFeed capability that can utilize the aux input. LiveFeed enables you to record and instantly scratch and mix a real-time stream of audio.
Rane is known for their top quality hardware and sound quality, and the SL 3 is no exception. The USB port features an exceptionally tight grip on the connector of the cable, to keep it from getting unplugged when in use. A pair of real vinyl control records and CDs are included, as well as a soft case and all the necessary RCA cables. New features and updates get released for Serato Scratch Live all the time, and once you own the SL 3, you are entitled to download the latest versions of Scratch Live for no charge, forever. This way you can evolve with the future of DJing, without having to take a hit financially.
- Compact hardware design
- Higher output improves ability to easily match levels of various source types
- Improved dynamic range (104 dB)
- Improved audio performance (24 bit converters)
- Galvanic isolation prevents computer noise from interfering with the audio path
- USB 2.0 high speed audio interface
- Aux input for live mix recording or LiveFeed
- Aux output channel allows use of Sample Player as a virtual deck and opens the door for future expansion and creative configurations for DJs and electronic musicians
- High-grade phono preamps upgrade performance of most mixers
- Software switchable direct thru connections for simplified connections
- Independent line/phono-level selection for each input for greater flexibility
- Includes international power supply to insure optimum performance and easy transfer between DJs
- Supports optional Video-SL plug-in
- Soft carry case included