The U-CONTROL UCA222 from Behringer is a low cost solution for getting audio in and out of a computer. The USB 1.1 interface is USB bus powered and features 2 analog RCA phono inputs for connecting any line-level device, such as a mixer or tape deck, and 2 analog RCA phono outputs for connecting active speakers or studio monitors.
The interface also provides a stereo S/PDIF output on an optical connector. Headphone monitoring is via a stereo mini jack with a dedicated volume control. No special setup or additional drivers are required, and wide computer operating system compatibility is available for both the Mac and Windows platforms. The interface ships with a large selection of audio software.
- USB 1.1 audio interface for connecting instruments, a mixer, consumer audio components with a computer for recording and playback
- Stereo headphone output with dedicated level control allows for monitoring both input and output
- Optical S/PDIF output for direct digital conversion
- Includes energyXT2.5 Behringer Edition music production software, an audio/MIDI sequencer that loads almost instantaneously on all computer platforms
- Large software bundle includes Tracktion 4 audio production software, Audacity audio editor, comprehensive podcasting software, and over 150 virtual instruments and effect plug-ins
- No additional drivers required
- Powered via USB - no external power supply needed